About Me

My photo
We are a family of 10, who love God and each other with all our hearts!

Followers

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mothering Gone Wrong

My mom was reading Mothering in the Trenches yesterday. The author was talking about how kids relate well to stories, analogies, and the like. My dear Mother decided to give it a try...

After a time of listening to three little people in our house have a dispute, my Mother decided this would be a great time to impart wisdom in story form to these young sinners.

Mommy: Guys, do y'all know what chickens do to each other? They pick on the those beneath them. It creates the pecking order. The hurt they weak ones and leave sores. They pull their feathers out. It kills them eventually.

Completely missing the point, dear daughter #1 interrupts here.

Dd1: Do they eat them?

Mommy: What

Dd1: Do they eat the dead ones?

Mommy: No, I don't think so. Now, I want to think about how you all are like the chickens. You are tearing each other down with your petty arguing.

Dd1: Who eats them?

Mommy: I don't know.

Dd1: I think its the hawks. They're the ones that eat them.




Do you think she got it? Haha!! Life as a Mother!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails