About Me

My photo
We are a family of 10, who love God and each other with all our hearts!

Followers

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Man I Love


There are moments where you catch your breath with the love you feel for someone.  When I see him slow his steps to walk with Michael and tell him about tools.  Michael will not remember tools, but he will hold the memory of tool talks - moments where his daddy slowed his pace to tell him a little about the world.
 We have months where the sameness of who we are together crowds in.  As if I have known him all my life, and he is just there.  We kid about the day one of us is not here - how he won't know how to pay a bill or balance a check book.  The reality, of course, is that it is I who would suffer the greater loss.  It is I who would be wondering how to breathe again, how to laugh again.  Though I might be able to balance checkbooks for our family - he balances the world for us.  That is the moment when I cannot fathom loving him more.

It will come and go -  the intensity of the feeling.  Life is rushing forward, and I cannot stop too long to dwell on this love.  I think it is a glimpse, a taste of God's love -  of the love we will one day feel before Him - for we shall see Him in all His glory and know He is the one who balances all of the world.



1 comment:

cvntdaddy said...

I don't know what to say.... I love you so much.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails