About Me

My photo
We are a family of 10, who love God and each other with all our hearts!

Followers

Monday, November 3, 2008

Welcome to a country diary of a green gardening girl

This is a nature journal of a mom. I love homemaking more than I ever would have dreamed. As I have fallen more in love with my job, I have learned that we have lost sight of the food part of our role as moms. I am trying to figure out how to reclaim this important but fading art of gardening . My first title was organic garden girl, and I pictured myself in the garden with my sun-freckled children helping me while eating pesticide free veggies fresh picked from my garden.

However, freckles are usually a sign of too much sun and the government seems to have lots of rules for the word "organic". Then I pictured myself being called in by the organic police telling me that sevin dust was a no-no and it was all down hill after that.

So I decided on green. It is a very popular "organic" color, and it is a word for a novice, which I am in a big way.

I thought there are lots of us out there who just don't know that much about food from seeds to canning and grain fed beef to free range chickens. I hope to trace my journey and hopefully learn a lot along the way. Or just laugh a lot.

Come follow me as my family and I learn and grow. Aren't you glad you don't have to be in on that learning part?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails